Place:


Cotham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cotham like this:

COTHAM, a hamlet in Keelby parish, Lincoln; 5½ miles WNW of Great Grimsby. A small Cistertian nunnery was founded here, in the time of Stephen, by Allan Munceaux; and given, at the dissolution, to the Skip-withs.

Additional information about this locality is available for Keelby

Cotham through time

Cotham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cotham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cotham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24961

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cotham ".