Place:


Harlington  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harlington like this:

HARLINGTON, a parish, with a r. station, in Woburn district, Beds; on the Midland railway, 5¾ miles S of Ampthill. Post-town, Toddington, under Dunstable. acres, 1,815. Real property, £3,775. Pop., 529. Gouses, 108. The property is not much divided. Woodend was the seat of the Astrey family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £143. * Patron, Major C. Cooper. The church is decorated English; and consists of nave and chancel, with an embattled tower. Charities, £9.

Harlington through time

Harlington is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harlington in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2495

Date accessed: 02nd August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harlington ".