Place:


Barton St Mary  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barton St Mary like this:

BARTON-ST.-MARY, a hamlet in the parish of St. Mary-de-Lode, in the suburbs of Gloucester city, and within the boundaries of Gloucester borough. Acres, with Tuffley hamlet, 1,470. Pop., 4,335. Houses, 828.

The location is that of Barton Street, just outside the original walls of Gloucester. Additional information about this locality is available for Gloucester

Barton St Mary through time

Barton St Mary is now part of Gloucester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gloucester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barton St Mary itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barton St Mary, in Gloucester and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24938

Date accessed: 26th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barton St Mary ".