Place:


Yspytty Cynfyn  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yspytty Cynfyn like this:

YSPYTTY-CYNFYN, a chapelry in Llanbadarn-Fawr parish, Cardigan; 1¾ mile SE of Aberystwyth r. station. Post town, Aberystwyth. The statistics are re turned with the parish. A hospitium was here; and remains of a Druidical circle are in the churchyard. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £104. Patrons, the Landholders.

Additional information about this locality is available for Cwmrheidol

Yspytty Cynfyn through time

Yspytty Cynfyn is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yspytty Cynfyn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yspytty Cynfyn, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24929

Date accessed: 13th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yspytty Cynfyn ".