Place:


Farmcote  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farmcote like this:

FARMCOTE, a chapelry in Lower Guyting parish, Gloucester; 2 miles E of Winchcombe, and 8 E of Cleeve r. station. Post town, Winchcombe, under Cheltenham. Real property, £1, 542. Pop., 32. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Lower Guyting, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is ancient.

Additional information about this locality is available for Guiting Power

Farmcote through time

Farmcote is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farmcote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farmcote, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24917

Date accessed: 13th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farmcote ".