Place:


Ashford Carbonel  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashford Carbonel like this:

ASHFORD-CARBONELL, a parish in Ludlow district, Salop; on the river Teme, near Wooferton r. station, 3 miles S by E of Ludlow. It has a post office under Ludlow. Acres, 1,478. Real property, £2,657. Pop., 282. Houses, 59. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Little Hereford, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.

Ashford Carbonel through time

Ashford Carbonel is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashford Carbonel itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashford Carbonel in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2491

Date accessed: 26th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashford Carbonel ".