Place:


Gorsedd  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gorsedd like this:

GORSEDD, a chapelry in Whitford and Ysceifiog parishes, Flint; 3 miles W by S of Holywell, and 4½ W of Bagillt r. station. It was constituted in 1853; and its post town is Holywell. Pop., 639. Houses, 141. Pop. of the Whitford portion, 538. Houses, 118. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Whitford

Gorsedd through time

Gorsedd is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gorsedd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gorsedd in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24895

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gorsedd ".