Place:


Marlston  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marlston like this:

MARLSTONE, a tything in Bucklebury parish, Berks; 4¼ miles NE of Newbury. Real property, £879. Pop., 66. Marlstone House is the seat of H. N. Bunbury, Esq. There is a chapel of ease; and the tything ran ks as a chapelry, annexed to the vicarage of Bucklebury, in the diocese of Oxford.

Additional information about this locality is available for Bucklebury

Marlston through time

Marlston is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Marlston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marlston in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24884

Date accessed: 01st August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marlston ".