Place:


Crossens  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crossens like this:

CROSSENS, a chapelry in North Meols parish, Lancashire; on the coast, at the mouth of the Ribble's estuary, 3½ miles NE by N of Southport r. station. It was constituted in 1860; and it has a post office under South-port. Rated property, £3, 762. Pop., 756. Houses, 155. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £260.* Patron s, Trustees. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for North Meols

Crossens through time

Crossens is now part of Sefton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sefton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crossens itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crossens, in Sefton and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24883

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crossens ".