Place:


Mount Pellon  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mount Pellon like this:

MOUNT-PELLON, a village and a chapelry in Halifax parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands 1½mile N of Halifax r. station, and has a post-office under Halifax. The chapelry was constituted in 1855. Rated property, about £3,000. Pop. in 1851, 2,021. Houses, 426. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £300.* Patron, the Vicar of Halifax. The church was built in 1854, is in the decorated English style, and has a tower. A spacious national school was built in 1858.

Additional information about this locality is available for Halifax

Mount Pellon through time

Mount Pellon is now part of Calderdale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Calderdale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mount Pellon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mount Pellon, in Calderdale and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24857

Date accessed: 16th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mount Pellon ".