Place:


Mortomley  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mortomley like this:

MORTOMLEY, a hamlet in Ecclesfield township and parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 5½ miles N of Sheffield. It has a chapel of ease and a New Connexion Methodist chapel.

The location is where the name "Mortomley" appears on the modern 1:50,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Ecclesfield

Mortomley through time

Mortomley is now part of Sheffield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sheffield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mortomley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mortomley, in Sheffield and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24856

Date accessed: 19th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mortomley".