Place:


Weston Coyney  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston Coyney like this:

WESTON-COYNEY-WITH-HULME, a township in Caverswall parish, Stafford; 4½ miles W of Cheadle. Acres, 3,810. Real property, £8,996; of which £3,200 are in mines. Pop., 938. W.House has been the seat of the Coyney family since the time of Henry III.

Additional information about this locality is available for Caverswall

Weston Coyney through time

Weston Coyney is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston Coyney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston Coyney, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24802

Date accessed: 10th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston Coyney ".