Place:


Newthorpe  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newthorpe like this:

NEWTHORPE, a hamlet in Greasley parish, Notts; near the Nottingham canal, 2 miles E of Langley-Mill r.station, and 7 N W of Nottingham. It has a post-office under Nottingham, Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and United Free Methodist chapels, and a national school. Pop., 1, 126. A colliery is at Biggalee, and stocking-making is carried on.

Additional information about this locality is available for Greasley

Newthorpe through time

Newthorpe is now part of Broxtowe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broxtowe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newthorpe, in Broxtowe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24774

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newthorpe ".