Place:


Paddington  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Paddington like this:

PADDINGTON, a chapelry in Eccles and Manchester parishes, Lancashire; in the W vicinity of Manchester city. It was constituted in 1848; and its post town is Manchester. Rated property, £13, 627. Pop. in 1861, of the Eccles portion, 5, 243; of the Manchester portion, 1, 245. Houses, 1,024 and 259. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.

The location is that of the church of St Paul the Apostle Paddington, Salford. Additional information about this locality is available for Pendleton

Paddington through time

Paddington is now part of Salford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Paddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Paddington, in Salford and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24753

Date accessed: 14th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Paddington".