Place:


Lund  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lund like this:

LUND, a chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; at the head of the Ribble estuary, near the Preston and Wyre railway, 3 miles ESE of Kirkham. It was constituted in 1840. Post town, Kirkham, under Preston. Rated property, £7,429. Pop., 733. Houses, 138. Much of the property belongs to Col. J. T. Clifton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £364.* Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1824.

Additional information about this locality is available for Clifton

Lund through time

Lund is now part of Fylde district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fylde has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lund itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lund, in Fylde and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24738

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lund ".