Place:


Ramsey St Marys  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ramsey St Marys like this:

RAMSEY-ST. MARY, a chapelry in Ramsey parish, Huntingdon; on the Ramsey railway, 2 miles W N W of Ramsey. It was constituted in 1860; and it has a station on the railway . Post-town, Ramsey, under Huntingdon. Pop., 1,088. Houses, 209. The manor belongs to E. Fellowes, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150.* Patron, E. Fellowes, Esq. The church was built in 1860; is in the early decorated style; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There are two Wesleyan chapels and a Church of England school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ramsey

Ramsey St Marys through time

Ramsey St Marys is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ramsey St Marys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ramsey St Marys in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24733

Date accessed: 23rd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ramsey St Marys ".