Place:


Bidborough  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bidborough like this:

BIDBOROUGH, a parish in Tunbridge district, Kent; adjacent to the Southeastern railway, 2½ miles NW by N of Tunbridge-Wells. Post Town, Tunbridge-Wells. Acres, 1,299. Real property, £1,621. Pop., 210. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. There are some mineral springs. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £227.* Patron, Mrs. Deacon. The church has a Norman porch, and is in good condition. Charities, £23.

Bidborough through time

Bidborough is now part of Tunbridge Wells district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tunbridge Wells has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bidborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bidborough, in Tunbridge Wells and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2473

Date accessed: 27th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bidborough ".