Place:


Finsthwaite  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Finsthwaite like this:

FINSTHWAITE, or Finthwaite, a chapelry in Colton parish, Lancashire; near the foot of Windermere, 7 miles N of Cark and Cartmel r. station, and 8 NE of Ulverstone. Post town, Newby-Bridge, under Newton-in-Cartmel. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £76. Patrons, Landowners.

Additional information about this locality is available for Colton

Finsthwaite through time

Finsthwaite is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Finsthwaite itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Finsthwaite, in South Lakeland and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24690

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Finsthwaite ".