Place:


Bilton  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bilton like this:

BILTON, a hamlet in Lesbury parish, Northumberland; adjacent to the Northeastern railway, at the junction of the branch to Alnwick, 18 ¼. miles N of Morpeth. It has a station at the railway junction. Pop., 121.

Additional information about this locality is available for Lesbury

Bilton through time

Bilton is now part of Alnwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Alnwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bilton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bilton, in Alnwick and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24669

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bilton ".