Place:


Henrys Moat  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Henrys Moat like this:

HENRYS-MOAT, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on East Cleddan river, under MynyddPreseley mountain, 5½ miles N by E of Clarbeston road r. station, and 11 NE by N of Haverfordwest. Posttown, Haverfordwest. Acres, 3, 166. Real property, £1, 419. Pop., 287. Houses, 60. Moat-House is the seat of W. H. Scourfield, Esq. Much of the land is waste and upland. A tumulus is here, called CastellHendref; and this gave rise to the name Henry-Moat. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £185. Patron, W. H. Scourfield, Esq.

Henrys Moat through time

Henrys Moat is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Henrys Moat itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Henrys Moat in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2465

Date accessed: 20th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Henrys Moat".