Place:


Potter Street  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Potter Street like this:

POTTERS-STREET, a village in Harlow parish, Essex; 1¾ mile S of Harlow. It has a post-office under Harlow, a Baptist chapel, and a fair for horses and cattleon 9 and 10 Sept.; and it formerly had several potteries.

Additional information about this locality is available for Harlow

Potter Street through time

Potter Street is now part of Harlow district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harlow has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Potter Street itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Potter Street, in Harlow and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24619

Date accessed: 29th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Potter Street ".