Place:


Mouse Isles  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mouse Isles like this:

MOUSE ISLES, a series of skerries or rocky islets offthe N coast of Anglesey. One is East M., 1 mile N W of Amlwch; another is Middle M., 3 miles W of the pre-ceding, and opposite Llanbadrig; and another is West M., 5 miles further W, and near Carmels Point. The Coal rock, with a beacon on it, is near the last; and the Great Skerries, with a lighthouse on them, are 2 miles N W of Carmels Point.

The location is that of Middle Mouse, as the islands are small but far apart.

Mouse Isles through time

Mouse Isles is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mouse Isles itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mouse Isles in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24594

Date accessed: 13th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mouse Isles".