Place:


Hope  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hope like this:

HOPE, a chapelry in Manchester parish, Lancashire; near Eccles r. station. It was constituted in 1861; and its post town is Manchester. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £246. Patrons, the Bishop and Trustees. The church was built in 1862, at a cost of £6, 200; is in the decorated English style; measures 132 feet in length, one-third of which is chancel; and was left off with intended tower and spire unfinished.

Additional information about this locality is available for Eccles

Hope through time

Hope is now part of Salford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hope itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hope, in Salford and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24593

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hope ".