Place:


Penbedw  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penbedw like this:

PENBEDW, a township in Nannerch parish, Denbigh; 6½ miles N W of Mold. Acres, 943. Real property, £887. Pop., 58. Houses, 13. P. Hall belonged formerly to the Martyns and the Williamses; and belongs now to W. Buddicom, Esq. The grounds contain a Druidical circle and a tumulus.

Additional information about this locality is available for Nannerch

Penbedw through time

Penbedw is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penbedw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penbedw, in Flintshire and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24590

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penbedw ".