Place:


Wilshaw  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilshaw like this:

WILSHAW, a chapelry in Almondbury parish, W. R. Yorkshire; near Huddersfield. It was constituted in 1863. Post town, Huddersfield. Pop., not returned. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150. Patron, J. Hirst, Esq.

Additional information about this locality is available for Meltham

Wilshaw through time

Wilshaw is now part of Kirklees district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kirklees has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wilshaw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilshaw, in Kirklees and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24555

Date accessed: 18th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wilshaw".