Place:


Paddock  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Paddock like this:

PADDOCK, a chapelry in Huddersfield township and parish, W. R. Yorkshire; within Huddersfield borough, and comprising a W suburb of Huddersfield town. It was constituted in 1842. Post-town, Huddersfield. Pop.in 1861, 3, 940. Houses, 830. The inhabitants arelargely employed in the woollen manufacture. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Huddersfield. The church was built in 1830, at a cost of £2, 500; and has an embattled tower. There are dissenting chapels, and a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Huddersfield

Paddock through time

Paddock is now part of Kirklees district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kirklees has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Paddock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Paddock, in Kirklees and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24554

Date accessed: 30th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Paddock".