Place:


Whitechapel  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitechapel like this:

WHITECHAPEL, a chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; 5 miles SSE of Garstang r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Preston. Pop., 646. Houses, 129. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £156. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is tolerable.

Additional information about this locality is available for Goosnargh

Whitechapel through time

Whitechapel is now part of Preston district. Click here for graphs and data of how Preston has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitechapel itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitechapel, in Preston and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24527

Date accessed: 24th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitechapel ".