Place:


Flaunden  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flaunden like this:

FLAUNDEN, a parish in Hemel-Hempstead district, Herts; on the river Chess, at the boundary with Bucks, 4 miles ENE of Amersham, and 5 NW of Rickmansworth r. station. It has a post office under Amersham. Acres, 899. Real property, 1, 225. Pop., 244. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a -few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £108. Patron, Lord Chesham. The church was, not long ago, rebuilt and enlarged; and is good. There is an Independent chapel.

Flaunden through time

Flaunden is now part of Dacorum district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dacorum has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Flaunden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flaunden, in Dacorum and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2449

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Flaunden ".