Place:


Pool Quay  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pool Quay like this:

POOL-QUAY, a village and a chapelry in Guilsfield parish, Montgomery. The village stands on the river Severn and on the Cambrian railway, 4 miles N N E of Welshpool; has a station on the railway, and a ferryacross the Severn; and carries on a trade in the export ofbarytes. The chapelry was constituted in 1862; and its post town is Guilsfield, under Welshpool. Pop., 420. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £250. Patron, the Earl of Powis.

Additional information about this locality is available for Guilsfield

Pool Quay through time

Pool Quay is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pool Quay itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pool Quay, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24485

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pool Quay ".