Place:


Northmoor Green  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Northmoor Green like this:

NORTHMOOR-GREEN, a chapelry in North Petherton parish, Somerset; on the Bristol and Exeter railway, near the river Parret, 2 miles S of Bridgewater. It was constituted in 1845. Post-town, North Petherton, under Bridgewater. Pop., 760. Houses, 158. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of North Petherton.

Additional information about this locality is available for North Petherton

Northmoor Green through time

Northmoor Green is now part of Sedgemoor district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sedgemoor has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Northmoor Green itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Northmoor Green, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24460

Date accessed: 28th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Northmoor Green ".