Place:


Carrington  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carrington like this:

CARRINGTON, a hamlet and a chapelry in Basford parish, Notts. The hamlet stands 1¼ mile N of Nottingham, and has a post office under Nottingham. Pop., 353. The chapelry was constituted in 1843. Pop., 2,426. Houses, 519. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop of L. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Basford

Carrington through time

Carrington is now part of Nottingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Nottingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carrington, in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24424

Date accessed: 04th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carrington ".