Place:


Govilon  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Govilon like this:

GOVILON, a chapelry in Llanwenarth parish, Monmouth; on the Abergavenny and Merthyr railway, 3 miles W of Abergavenny. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Abergavenny. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £274. Patron, the Rector of Llanwenarth. The church is neat.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llanwenarth

Govilon through time

Govilon is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Govilon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Govilon in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24340

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Govilon ".