Place:


Drove End  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Drove End like this:

DROVE-END, a chapelry in Gedney parish, Lincoln; near Gedney r. station. It was constituted in 1855. Pop., 778. Houses, 156. The living is a p. curacy. Value, £130. Patron, alt. the Crown and the Bishop.

Additional information about this locality is available for Gedney

Drove End through time

Drove End is now part of South Holland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Holland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Drove End itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Drove End, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24306

Date accessed: 26th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Drove End ".