Place:


Dewsall  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dewsall like this:

DEWSALL, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 1½ mile SE of Tram-Inn r. station, and 4 ½ SSE of Hereford. Post town, Much-Dewchurch, under Ross. Acres, 676. Real property, £993. Pop., 36. Houses, 8. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Callow, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £200. Patron, the Rev. W. B. Mynors. The church is ancient but good, and contains some handsome monuments.

Dewsall through time

Dewsall is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dewsall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dewsall in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2425

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dewsall ".