Place:


Stramshall  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stramshall like this:

STRAMSHALL, a chapelry in Uttoxeter parish, Stafford; 1½ mile NNW of Uttoxeter r. station. It was constituted in 1854. Post town, Uttoxeter, under Stoke-upon-Trent. Pop., 332. Houses, 71. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £128. Patron, the Vicar of Uttoxeter.

Additional information about this locality is available for Uttoxeter

Stramshall through time

Stramshall is now part of East Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stramshall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stramshall in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24168

Date accessed: 09th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stramshall ".