Place:


Pontbleiddyn  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pontbleiddyn like this:

PONT-BLYDDYN, a hamlet and a chapelry in Mold parish, Flint. The hamlet lies on the river Alyn and on the Mold railway, 2 miles S E of Mold; and is in Lees-wood township. The chapelry is larger than that township, and was constituted in 1844. Post-town, Mold, Flintshire. Pop., 1, 378. Houses, 268. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Mold.

Additional information about this locality is available for Mold

Pontbleiddyn through time

Pontbleiddyn is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pontbleiddyn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pontbleiddyn in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23972

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pontbleiddyn ".