Place:


Rossett  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rossett like this:

ROSSETT, a village and a chapelry in Gresford parish, Denbigh. The village stands on the river Alyn, adjacent to the Chester and Oswestry railway, 5 miles N N E of Wrexham; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Wrexham. The chapelry was constituted in 1840. Pop. in 1861, 1, 371. Houses, 275. Rossett House is the seat of J. Boydell, Esq.; Trevalyn House, of Mrs. Townsend; and Trevalyn Old Hall, of B. Griffiths, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £149. Patron, Mrs. Townsend.

Additional information about this locality is available for Gresford

Rossett through time

Rossett is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rossett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rossett, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23968

Date accessed: 15th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rossett ".