Place:


Penrhos  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penrhos like this:

PENRHOS, a chapelry in Guilsfield, Llandrinio, Llansaintffraid, and Meifod parishes, Montgomery; near the river Severn, 2½ miles S W of Four-Crosses r. station, and 6½ E S E of Llanfyllin. It was constituted in 1844; and its post town is Oswestry. Pop., 976. Houses, 190. Pop. of the Guilsfield portion, 308; of the Llandrinioportion, 169; of the Llansaintffraid portion, 282. P. Hall is the seat of W. O. Gore, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £141.* Patron, W. O. Gore, Esq. The church is modern.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llandrinio

Penrhos through time

Penrhos is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penrhos itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penrhos, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23958

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penrhos ".