Place:


Bishopston  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishopston like this:

BISHOPSTON, a chapelry in Horfield parish, Gloucester. Post Town, Bristol. Statistics, not separately returned. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop. The church is a plain building.

Additional information about this locality is available for Horfield

Bishopston through time

Bishopston is now part of Bristol district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bristol has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bishopston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishopston, in Bristol and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23952

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bishopston ".