Place:


Hooe  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hooe like this:

HOOE, a village and a chapelry in Plymstock parish, Devon. The village stands on the coast, 3 miles SE of Plymouth.—The chapelry was constituted in 1856; and its post town is Plymouth. Pop., 1, 082. Houses, 234. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £79. Patron, Lady Rogers.

Additional information about this locality is available for Plymstock

Hooe through time

Hooe is now part of Plymouth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Plymouth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hooe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hooe, in Plymouth and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23941

Date accessed: 14th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hooe".