Place:


Weaste  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weaste like this:

WEASTE, a chapelry, with a r. station, in Eccles parish, Lancashire; on the Northwestern railway, 3½ miles W of Manchester. It was constituted in 1865; and its Post town is Manchester. Pop., about 2,000. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, not reported.* Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in 1865, at a cost of about £11,000; and is in the early English style, with tower and spire 115 feet high.

Additional information about this locality is available for Eccles

Weaste through time

Weaste is now part of Salford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weaste itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weaste, in Salford and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23937

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weaste".