Place:


France Lynch  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described France Lynch like this:

FRANCE-LYNCH, a chapelry in Bisley parish, Gloucester; near the Cheltenham railway and the Severn and Thames canal, 3 miles NE of Minchinhampton. Post town, Stroud. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bisley, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol.

Additional information about this locality is available for Chalford

France Lynch through time

France Lynch is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about France Lynch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of France Lynch, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23933

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " France Lynch ".