Place:


St Nighton  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Nighton like this:

NIGHTON (St.), a chapelry in St. Winnow parish, Cornwall; 2 miles E S E of Lostwithiel r. station. Post-town, Lostwithiel. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of St. Winnow, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is dedicated to St. Necton.

Additional information about this locality is available for St Winnow

St Nighton through time

St Nighton is now part of Caradon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caradon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Nighton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Nighton, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23922

Date accessed: 17th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Nighton ".