Place:


Lee  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lee like this:

LEE, a tything in Romsey parish, Hants; near Romsey. Real property, £999. Pop., 156. The property belonged to the late Lord Palmerston. A small church was built here in 1862; is in the Norman style, of red and white brick, with stone dressings; and consists of nave, apsidal chancel, and vestry, with a bell turret.

Additional information about this locality is available for Romsey

Lee through time

Lee is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lee itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lee, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23886

Date accessed: 16th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lee".