Place:


Woodside  Gloucestershire

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Woodside like this:

Woodside, eccl. dist., comprising the entire par. of Hinders Lane and parts of the pars. of East Dean, Flaxley, and Newland, Gloucestershire, pop. 4221.

The location is that of St. Stephen's church, within Cinderford. Additional information about this locality is available for Cinderford

Woodside through time

Woodside is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodside itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodside, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23882

Date accessed: 28th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodside ".