Place:


Ember  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ember like this:

EMBER and WESTON, a hamlet in Thames-Ditton parish, Surrey; on the river Mole, near the Southwestern railway, 2 miles SW of Kingston. Real property, £6, 059. Pop., 1, 718. Houses, 355. Ember Court here belonged formerly to the Onslows; and is now the seat of Admiral Sir Charles Sullivan, Bart.

Additional information about this locality is available for Thames Ditton

Ember through time

Ember is now part of Elmbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Elmbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ember itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ember, in Elmbridge and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23859

Date accessed: 23rd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ember".