Place:


Sticklepath  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sticklepath like this:

STICKLEPATH, a chapelry, with a village, in Sampford-Courtney parish, Devon; 4¼ miles NE of Okehampton r. station. It has a post-office under Okehampton, and an inn. Pop., 221. The living is annexed to Sampford-Courtney.

Additional information about this locality is available for Sampford Courtenay

Sticklepath through time

Sticklepath is now part of West Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sticklepath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sticklepath in West Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23842

Date accessed: 09th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sticklepath ".