Place:


Leverstock Green  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leverstock Green like this:

LEVERSTOCK-GREEN, a chapelry in St. Michael, Abbots-Langley, and Hemel-Hempstead parishes, Herts; near the river Vei., 4 miles NW of St. Albans r. station. It was constituted in 1850; and it has a post office under Hemel-Hempstead. Pop. in 1861,1,247. Houses, 254. Pop. of the St. Michael portion, 343; of the AbbotsLangley portion, 554. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £50. Patron, the Earl of Verulam. The church was built in 1849.

Additional information about this locality is available for Abbots Langley

Leverstock Green through time

Leverstock Green is now part of Dacorum district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dacorum has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leverstock Green itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leverstock Green, in Dacorum and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23818

Date accessed: 28th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leverstock Green ".