Place:


Leavsden  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leavsden like this:

LEAVESDEN, a hamlet in Watford parish, and a chapelry partly also in St. Stephen parish, Herts. The hamlet lies between the Northwestern railway and the Watford and St. Albans railway, 2½ miles N of Watford. The chapelry was constituted in 1853. Post town, Watford. Pop., 756. Houses, 164. Pop. of the Watford section, 538. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £116. * Patron, the Vicar of Watford. The church is modern.

Additional information about this locality is available for Watford

Leavsden through time

Leavsden is now part of Watford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Watford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leavsden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leavsden, in Watford and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23807

Date accessed: 28th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leavsden ".