Place:


Stretton Sugwas  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stretton Sugwas like this:

STRETTON-SUGWAS, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on the Hereford and Brecon railway, 3½ miles WNW of Hereford. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 779. Real property, £1,554. Pop., 209. Houses, 44. A palace of the Bishops of Hereford was formerly here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £184.* Patron, B. E. Batley, Esq.

Stretton Sugwas through time

Stretton Sugwas is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stretton Sugwas itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stretton Sugwas in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2379

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stretton Sugwas ".